is used for saving, managing and working with genetic data.
provides a unified data structure.
- Database is located on metropolitan area network Mendel University in Brno, which guarantees high performance, security and automated backups.
- a basic work with data: saving data (individually or mass import),
- searching and filtering data by specified parameters,
- view sample position on the map,
- grouping samples into "focus populations," based on the selected
- data sharing with colleagues and institutions
- data export,
- More details about database are described in the publication GeneDbase: Metodika tvorby genetické databáze (currently only in Czech).
- registration to the database is free of charge
- the use of the database for scientific purposes is free of charge, but in the case of publication of the result it is necessary to mention the use of GeneDbase in the quote of sources
- commercial use of the database - for the processing of migration studies - is charged (CZK 2,000 per migration study). A contract for the commercial use of the database is concluded with a subject using a database for the processing of migration studies or other commercial purposes. These fees cover the costs of operating and maintaining the database, this can be used to fund database modifications based on user requirements.